Monday, July 30, 2012 | By: Anita

705

wowzer's, yesterday’s post was my 705 blog entry.

705!!!

wa-a-a-a-ay back in 2007, when a dear friend suggested that I start to blog, two thoughts went through my head. one; what will i blog about? and two; who will read it? obviously number one hasn't been too much of problem seeing as how i just posted my 705th post. number two, i've learned over that past few years, that yes, while i like to have people read & comment on my blog, i don't do it for that reason. i do it because i need to get my thoughts, ideas, hopes & dreams out of my head and on to paper, where it's concrete.

who would have thought that i would have posted this many entries. certainly not me that’s for sure. i never realized how cathartic it is to write.

i found this photo and thought it to be quite appropriate.
i really think it is important to write out our thoughts, ideas, feelings - it can be a gentle reminder to us of exactly where we are at in our day to day life. and can give us an opportunity recall times of laughter, be encouraged by God's faithfulness in difficult situations and feel a sense of comfort. we can revisit the joys and even the struggles in our lives and be reminded to take it one day at a time.

when i first started to journal i would write like i had a teacher reading it over my shoulder, constantly editing the grammar, spelling and sentence structure, also i would write as if it was going to read by someone else - all that really means is that while yes i was writing it just wasn’t honest writing, over the years and after a few journaling classes i have learned to write without editing and to be honest, because healing can only come if we’re honest.

thank you to all those read, follow and comment on my blog, your words of encouragement and thoughtful comments encourage me to continue. i appreciate the interest taken in my life and thoughts. blogging is something I enjoy doing. I realize that probably alot of it is not relevant to many, but for me, it's my way of getting all those ideas, thoughts, and opinions out of my head.

so faithful readers, i invite you to continue following me as i continue to blog and let’s see if we can get to 1000.
Blessings

0 comments: