Monday, May 21, 2012 | By: Anita

Gardening 2.0

Gardeners have an itch that can never be scratched. They daydream of blooms & birds, trellises, trails, stone paths and shady respites. They hatch plans year round for hardscapes and perennial beds, the biggest and best veggies, and how to perfect what will never be perfect. They love the smell of compost and they aren't afraid to get some dirt under their fingernails. Their work is never done. And they wouldn't have it any other way.  

Confession: I am not a gardener.

Having said that, however, I will admit that we do in fact have a garden. 
After last year's disaster, we decided to try again.  Through no fault of our own our garden just didn't do to well last year.  With the below average temperatures creating the shortened season and with it being the first year as a garden (since it was grass the year before) our garden did not produce the anticipated veggies we were aiming for.

While I do enjoy the benefits from the garden I do not enjoy weeding, watering, getting dirt under my nails, or really anything else related to the garden.  Quite frankly, if the produce didn't taste 100% better, and that Wayne does most of the work, I probably wouldn't have a garden.  Despite the fact that some might find it therapeutic to work in the garden, I'd rather spend my time on something else - like reading, blogging, or just soaking up the sun.

Blessings

2 comments:

Becky said...

I have come to the conclusion that I am NOT a gardener and do not even think I will bother with planters and such as I am ALWAYS forgetting to water them...if May is any indication of how the rest of the summer may look it will be a BAD investment on my part to invest in annuals...

Good luck with your gardening
Bliss

krystle ann-marie said...

I like gardening. I like coming over to your house and benefiting from your hard labours. ;)