Friday, May 11, 2012 | By: Anita

Front porch sitting

As I sat on the front porch and enjoyed the scenic view with a glass of zinfadel, I paused. You know what? Life is good these days. It’s sweet and beautiful, and even bountiful. It’s really amazing how things can go from being dark and grey to cheerful and bright in the matter of a single moment. It’s wonderful!

Why is my life going so good right now? To be honest, I am not sure.  But I think it comes down to a decision to not let the little things (which there are alot of) get to me.  However, through these good times, I’ve not forgotten to give thanks to the One who makes my life what it is. I’ve been blessed, and in those blessings, I must remember to offer thanks; not only to God for His many ways of blessing me, but also to those around me who add good things to my life. As the Good Book says, “In all things, give thanks…”.

But how do we do that? How do we properly remain thankful beyond simply saying a “thank you” here and there? I’m glad you asked!

I’ve come up with three simple ways to show your thanks for a well-endowed life. They may seem rather “DUH!” to some, but then again, we can all use a reminder from time to time, yeah? I thought so.

Smile
Wait…what? THAT’S RIGHT! YOU HEARD ME!
If you’re happy and you know, let your face show it (have you got that Sunday school song stuck in your head now…)! What better way to signify the satisfaction your life has brought forth than to simply smile? Absolutely none.

Live in the Present
If things are going awesome right now, accept those good things and cherish them AS THEY ARE HAPPENING. Don’t waste time hoping things will be good in the future or wondering why they weren’t as good in the past. Life is about living and you can’t do that while wondering what could have been or what might be. Be thankful for your present day and make the most of it, no matter what.

Spread the Goodness
Life treating you good? Then don’t keep it to yourself! Share the good things you’re experiencing by spreading them around to the people in your life! Keeping it to ourselves is selfish.  You never know whose life you can influence with your liestory. Give to those who aren’t having as good of a time with life as you are, and I guarantee you’ll be even more abundantly blessed with the good and wonderful things life has to offer.

Take these three simple tips and remember
Try applying these to your everyday walk through life and just see if you find yourself even happier and more fulfilled.

Blessings

0 comments: