Sunday, May 13, 2012 | By: Anita

A day for mom

Today is a day in which we are honoured as moms and to honour our own moms. 

For some reason I cannot get this video to upload, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7tXZSd9Pc&feature=related so here is the link.  This is a youtube video to what a mother would say in a 24hr period.  I am sure most of us if not all of us have said most of this from time to time.  Enjoy!

As a little girl I remember being asked what I wanted to be when I grow up, I'm sure many people were surprised that I would answer 'a mom'. There is so much pressure on women these days, to have to choose between a career, or be a stay-at-home mom. I remember when I decided to stay at home, there wasn't much support. I always felt that I had to defend my decision. Therefore I've become an advocate for the stay-at-home moms that I am in contact with, to support them with their decision. Society doesn't seem to acknowledge Motherhood as a profession. sad, isn't it.

I love being a mom to Krystle, Kyle & Darcy, for the opportunities that each one has given me. They've taught me so many things, to love unconditionally, to stretch my faith, to test my patience, they've given me more joy than I could ever imagine, and to laugh, oh how we laugh! They've given me some of my best memories. I am more than blessed to have these three wonderful kids call me mom, there's nothing more precious than that.
Blessings

0 comments: