Sunday, April 22, 2012 | By: Anita

Finding Balance

Busy as a bee .... as I have been reading different friend's blogs, I've noticed a common theme among the ramblings. Everyone is so busy. Busy with jobs, kids, gardens, crafts, you name and someone out there will be busy with it.

I too am feeling overly busy lately with life.

I've been reading a very good book called "Boundaries", by Henry Cloud & John Townsend. Ironically it's about setting boundaries in life so one does not feel overly busy with doing it all. But doing what you choose to do, well.

How do you decide what it is you want to do with your life? There are so many options these days.

I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each of His children, we need to seek His guidance for our lives. Unfortunately too often we get caught up in the routine-ness of life, without searching out His will.

In the book, it says that we need to say "no" to some things so we can say "yes" to the right things. I too often think that if I don't do it, it won't get done, and you know maybe that's not a bad thing. Sometimes we have to be willing to let things go, and if there is a real need for it, someone else will step up to do it.

So as I try to bring more balance in my life, I need to first seek His will and follow His desires for my life, and to not get to caught up with this world...........after all we're only here for a short time.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

these last few days have been really nice to just relax and rest..we really do get too "busy" and end up running ourselves down and out
that 2 letter word no is so easy for a toddler to say and so hard for adults to say...we really can learn from a child just as Jesus said we should

Blessings
Bliss