Sunday, January 30, 2011 | By: Anita

Sunday afternoon drive

Remember those? "an automobile trip typically taken for pleasure or leisure on a Sunday, usually in the afternoon. During the Sunday drive, there is typically no destination and no rush". As a family we used to spend many a Sunday afternoon driving around. I'm not sure if it was to get us kids to nap in the afternoon or why we journeyed with our parents on their adventures. I just remember looking out of the backseat window, watching the scenery go by waiting till we would return home.

Flash forward to married life, Sunday afternoons became the time for my husband to catch up on his sleep from his crazy, busy, week as a dairy farmer. oh how I used to dread those times. Not knowing many people since I was new to the community and being more secluded because we lived on the farm, I found Sunday afternoons seemingly to last forever. Once our kids came along it made Sunday afternoons a more memorable time.

Today, Wayne & I returned from a Sunday afternoon drive. It was two fold - he was driving a spare bus run the next day and needed to find where all the stops were and it was a great opportunity for us to spend some time together in a different venue which allowed for great conversation. hmmhm maybe that's why my parents liked it so much.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

ahh yes how your perspective on Sunday drives change as you get older...it is a WONDERFUL time to spend chatting together without so many distractions...

blessings
Bliss