Saturday, January 1, 2011 | By: Anita

Happy New Year

Each New Year's Day I'm reminded that there is a whole new year ahead, brimming with possibilities. Giving me a chance to start again. And you know what – January 1st is just another day. But New Year’s reminds me to stop and evaluate where I am, who I am, and what changes need to be made. And because January 1st is in fact just another day... and tomorrow is another day… and then there’s another day... I’m reminded that there is nothing magical about New Year’s. Each day can be a chance for a fresh start.

Like so many others, I have thought about “resolutions” for 2011. But as I've grown older and hopefully a little wiser, I've come to realize that God made me who I am, with this personality, this body shape, my gifts, the likes and dislikes that I have. So I don't make New Year's resolutions because I know I will break many, make new ones as I go along and forget others... I want to enjoy a life well lived.

Have you heard the story about three frogs on a lily pad. One decided to jump off the lily pad. How many are now on the lily pad? The obvious answer would appear to be two... but it’s three. The one frog decided to jump off – but until his decision is put into action, nothing has changed.

We're each given 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 30 or 31 days each month, and there is nothing we can do to get more time all we can do is control what we do with our time. In Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version, ©2010) it says "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Looking forward into another year can be a little daunting. With not knowing what's ahead, I plan to put my faith in the ONE who knows the future.

Blessings

0 comments: