Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | By: Anita

Secret Sister

Revealing our secret sisters last night at our w.h.a.t. (women's hearts always together) group was fun. I thought I had it figured out who had my name.... but found out I was totally wrong. Lea-Anne surprised with my last gift from my "secret sister." A coupon for Jazzercise, a set of ankle socks, a tank top, and a really sweet water bottle. I told her "ah so this is your way to get me to sign up for Jazzericse again," to which she replies "yeppers"....

Each time I received a gift I felt truly blessed. Knowing that someone was thinking of me and cared enough to find time in their busy, busy schedule to buy me a gift and anonymously give it to me, made me feel special. I was overjoyed to receive an anklet, a body & bath soap set, a candle, and a set of black & white mugs.

My secret sister, Jen, was also very appreciative of all the gifts I gave her. She especially cherished the seeds I mailed to her. You see, Jen and her family are moving to B.C. and I thought those seeds, as she planted them, would be a great reminder of us for her.

Having Secret Sisters was a great idea. It gave each of us an opportunity to intentionally think of each other, pray for one another and to celebrate our friendships. Looking forward to doing it again.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a success...and fun too
what a wonderful way to remember others...

Bliss