Monday, August 16, 2010 | By: Anita

Remember the King

Today is the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death some 33 years ago. For years, generations have loved this man's music and yes I must admit I too am an avid Elvis fan. Even though the man was old enough to be my father I love his music. In fact I have a distinct memory of wishing I could have been his daughter. (i'm only 5 months older than Lisa Marie ~ so it could have been totally possible) I mean who wouldn't have wanted to be the daughter of the KING of rock'n roll.

Since I've grown up I've learned that as I walk the path chosen for me, I actually am a daughter to a king ~~ the KING of KINGS ~~ Jesus!
When I struggle with self-worth, I find it helpful to know who I am in Christ; which will help me to live a successful Christian life. The more I agree with God about my identity in Christ, the more my behaviour will reflect my God given identity. Learning to see myself as God sees me and accepting what God says about me, I can become the spiritual person He wants me to be. God's opinion is the one that counts. For all of us it's understanding who you are in Christ that will give you a strong foundation to build your life on. Knowing who you are in Jesus is the key to a successful Christian life. Your identity doesn't depend on something you do or have done. Your true identity is who you are in Christ. When you are in Christ you are a new creation, the old has passed away. It's time to stop living out of who people say you are and take hold of the truth of God's word.
Who I am in Christ
•I am loved. 1John 3:3
•I am accepted. Ephesians 1:6
•I am a child of God. John 1:12
•I am Jesus' friend. John 15:14
•I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him. Romans 8:17
•I am united with God and one spirit with Him. 1Corinthians 6:17
•I am a temple of God. His spirit and his life live in me. 1 Corinthians 6:19
•I am a member of Christ's body. 1Corinthians 12:27
•I am a Saint. Ephesians 1:1
•I am redeemed and forgiven. Colossians 1:14
•I am complete in Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:10
•I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1
•I am a new creation because I am in Christ. 2Corinthians 5:17
•I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Colossians 3:12
•I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2Corinthians 1:21
•I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. 2Timothy 1:7
•I am God's co-worker. 2Corinthians 6:1
•I am seated in heavenly places with Christ. Ephesians 2:6
•I have direct access to God. Ephesians 2:18
•I am chosen to bear fruit. John 15:16
•I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. 1Peter 2:5
•I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature. 2Peter 1:4
•I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me. Hebrews 13:5
•God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do. Philippians 2:13
•I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need. James 1:5


Because I am a follower of Christ, every one of these statements is true for me. One must simply choose to believe what God says.

Blessings

2 comments:

Candice said...

I'll never forget the day Gabe had his seizure and you prayed with me on the phone - I was a bit ( ok, alot ) frazzled and taking that few minutes to care made a difference.

You are a gift.
You are appreciated.
and you are loved.

Becky said...

A great reminder that we are a child of the king of kings...
wonderful promises to hold on to

Blessings
Bliss