Friday, August 28, 2009 | By: Anita

My Secret Vice

ok, here it is.......I LOVE to read!
One of my favourite websites is Huron County Library a place where I can peruse the new books by my favourite author(s), find out about new authors and with a membership I can reserve those books that catch my attention. I'm notorious for judging a book by it's cover or title. gasp!

I've found many new authors whom I love to read, James Patterson, Julia Widdows, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Kristin Hannah, Nicholas Sparks to name only a few. On days like today I find myself curled up under a blanket, with a cup of tea ~ reading. I know I should probably be cleaning, or doing laundry, getting caught up with my bookwork, even baking, but no, I find myself lost in another world with reading. I find that I get totally absorbed with the storyline, falling in love with the characters and all their quirks, in fact at the end of one such book, I was in tears when the main character died. >.<

Usually I'll have two or three books on the go, quite often in different genres since my mood usually determine what I want to read. I read alot of fiction, but I try to toss in a few biographies, some non-fiction and even some self help books.

Currently I'm reading 'Angels & Demons' by Dan Brown, 'Gone Tomorrow' by Lee Child, and my non-fiction read is 'Be Happy without Being Perfect' (how appropriate) by Alice Domar. Don't worry though, I am quite adept at keeping the story lines separate. In fact, I've amazed a few of my friends at my ability to remember and recount books that I've read over the many years.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

im a bit of a worm too. only right now i have to read the most boringest(sp?) book alive for history.