Sunday, August 23, 2009 | By: Anita

Movin' on out

We moved Krystle back to school today :( She is taking a module course this week, and they were gracious to let her move in a week earlier. Normally the RA's (Resident's Assistants) move in one week prior to orientation week to have their week of training.

It's always a bittersweet time for me. I'm excited for her and the new opportunites she'll have, but I'm sad for me as this is another step towards independance. You would think that I'd be used to this by now; after all, this is her 4th year at Heritage.

Each year, moving all her stuff gets a little easier and this year it was tremendously helpful that my dad was able to borrow a cube van from work making this move the easiest thus far. With Mom & Dad, Wayne, Gerard, Krystle & I, moving was done in record time and we even got most of it put away, helping to de-stress the rest of the week for Krystle.

We started to reflect that this will be her last time moving into dorm, her last year at school, even her last year at being single (Krystle & Gerard are getting married June 26, 2010). While I want to celebrate this 'last time' for too often we only celebrate and remember 'firsts', it does make me a little sad knowng this will be a season of 'lasts'.

In Eccleciastes 3:1 it says


What a great reminder! Even though there is times of sadness or hurt there is also time to laugh, dance & sing.
God is so good!





Blessings

0 comments: