Wednesday, August 1, 2007 | By: Anita

Great Aunt

JESSICA & ANDY BROADHEAD
June 23, 2007

This is a picture of my niece Jessica on her wedding day.
In the front are Cody, Janee & Andrew (Andy's son) Jessica, Andy & baby Daniel.

Yes, it is hard to believe that I am a 'Great' Aunt. You always picture Great Aunts as little old ladies. [Bliss - no comment].

In fact I have 6 great nieces & nephews. Jessica had another little girl - Rachel, born the end of June.
Jason & Missy had a little boy - Alex, born the end of May they also have a 2 1/2 year old girl - Emily.

We had a wonderful time at the wedding. Janee & I became friends real fast. The Gingerich family doesn't get together very often so we don't get to see them very often, but each time we do get together, Janee and I have a alot of fun together.

It's one of those things with family, time has a way of slipping by, we seem to get caught up with our own lives that the extended family gets set aside. I know we're guilty of that anyway.

Time is such a precious commodity, once it's gone, it's gone for good and there is no way to get that time back. I look at our fast our kids have grown up, it seems like only yesterday, I was at home full-time with our three.

This summer, I've been enjoying have Krystle home from school, and we only have 4 more weeks before she is back at Heritage. Then we have to find a new balance again.

Time passes too quickly~~~

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Where DOES the time go? Jessica has 5 children, and people think I am busy with 4......I think you and I were "GREAT" Aunts all along BEFORE our neices and nephews started having kids ..LOL
Hard to beleive how fast sunmmer is going.....my boys actually did say something about back to school shopping ...I ALMOST fell over, we have had a good summer, with a few camping trips, it ALWAYS goes TOO fast......
Looking forward to hangins out with you on Sunday
Bliss