Thursday, August 23, 2007 | By: Anita

The Lads


I cannot think of anything overtly profound to write about, so I thought I'd give a little update on the boys.

Kyle is almost 19 (gulp) he celebrates his birthday on the first of September. We're going to go to Philthy McNasty's Restaurant. They have a 72oz burger that if you can eat it all you get a free t-shirt, that says "I ate a 72oz burger from Philthy McNasty's. Hey, it's his birthday. Kyle continues to work for Ice Cultures, in Hensall. He's been gone a few set-up jobs that have taken him to New York, Washington, Connecticut & Rhode Island. He's off to California in 3 weeks as well. He was able to get this job right out of highschool and he works full-time. Way to go Kyle!!

Darcy as the faithful readers will remember celebrated his 17th (champagne) birthday, in May. This summer Darcy has been working at The Little Inn of Bayfield as a dishwasher. He's been working close to full - time hours. Starting September he'll be back at Central Huron Secondary School for his final year of highschool. It's SO hard to believe that he's going into Grade 12.

Gerard (is technically not mine, he's been dating my daughter for the past 2 years.) Because he is almost a part of the family, I feel I can give a little update on him as well. Gerard just graduated from South Huron Secondary School and I just found out that he has been accepted into the program at Conestoga College, for his apprenticeship. He'll be able to continue working and he'll go to school for 1 day a week for the next 40 weeks. Sounds like alot, but it you re-phrase it into 8 weeks X 5 days a week, it doesn't sound quite as bad. He'll be a certified Tool & Die manufacturer. I believe it is a 2 year program.

That pretty well brings things up to date on the "boys" in my life.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to your oldest boy a hug from me ( WOW 19, that is hard to believe) I still remember coming home from Winnipeg to meet him.
Time goes fast....
Enjoy your party....make sure all behave
Blessings
Bliss