Tuesday, August 28, 2007 | By: Anita

Bittersweet


It was a bittersweet day on Sunday.

We moved Krystle back to school (Heritage) in Cambridge, it was one of those days where you're both happy & sad. Krystle too was both excited and sad.
It's hard some days to remember that Krys is a young woman of 20. I still think of her as my little girl.

Yesterday as I was picking up my mail, my neighbour (Linda) was out with her little girl (Brianna - who is 3). I was sharing with her how we moved Krystle to school and how it's hard to say good-bye. Linda shared with me how Brianna is heading off to JK this fall and she (Linda) is not sure if she can let her go. Linda said she is definitely not ready for her girl to be living away from home. Thank goodness you can slowly let go of your kids, with school, camp, sleep-overs at friends, and then eventually you let them go on their own.

We were able to help Krystle unpack and help get her room organized, she has her own room this year, which I am sure she will like. She hasn't had to share a room while she lived at home. Although last year when Jamie & Kystle shared a room, it was fun and they developed a strong bond between the two of them.

Life will slowly become routine again around here, it does take time to adjust to not having Krystle coming & going. The boys are not quite the social butterfly their sister is.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, it is a big deal to let your kids go off and try new things.....I too am getting ready to have my oldest off on a NEW adventure...we checked out his "NEW" school today...I think it helped to settle the butterflies in his tummy as well as mine...it is NEVER easy letting your kids go...BUT it easier to let them go knowing the Lord is with them and LOVES them so much more than we can..and HE has only their GOOD in mind.....
Looking forward to getting together with you soon to make cards....AND a good visit OF COURSE

Bliss