Saturday, December 5, 2015 | By: Anita

happy holidays?!?

It’s that magical time of year again…
‘tis the holiday season… when the mad rush grabs us by the ankle and drags us through shops and long lines and parties with too much food and concerts and craft sales and cookie exchanges until we’re thrown into a tailspin and don’t know which way to turn.

We do it to ourselves, you know.

 We question whether the rat race is worth it, and whether or not it will ever end? Because there are still all the ongoing daily commitments, the cooking, the dishes, the laundry, the cleaning, I can’t imagine adding a job to the mix. And we fall into bed, exhausted, unsure how we’ll make it through another day.

And we end up weary, simply weary.

Weary as described in dictionary.com … “physically or mentally exhausted by hard work, exertion, strain, etc.;fatigued; tired” .

It’s when we just don’t have the strength to do. One. More. Thing. Just the word can make one feel tired. And it's hard to find rest. We tend to run at a crazy man’s pace and accomplish lots each day.

Jesus reminds us: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”  Matthew 11:28 {New International Version {NIV}}

Sometimes, we accomplish more when we give our bodies, our spirits, and our minds a rest. Saying no to one more thing can be the most productive thing we do.

Take Care

1 comments:

Debra said...

Today Roger asked me if I was still in the Christmas spirit. I said yes why, he said I didn't seem to have the same cheer as the day before.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I think I'm either weary in spirit or weary from the lack of sleep this weekend or both. Before I close my eyes I think I'll do a little of both.