Wednesday, December 30, 2015 | By: Anita

end of the year

We find ourselves closing in yet on another year, on another chapter of our life-story.
I am not sure what 2015 brought for your family, or whether you are ready to let go of the last 365 days or whether you anticipate the days ahead. Maybe time has flowed smoothly and great ideas, adventures, and memories were sought after and enjoyed. Or maybe, on the other hand, your journey also included saying goodbye, loss of some kind, or moments you would rather forget. But it is the end of another year.  Another year to look behind us to where we've come from and another year to look forward to. 2016 is brand new, fresh, with a newness available each and every day.  It is true! We can begin again.

I don’t know about you, but I am terrible at New Year’s resolutions. I find myself trying really hard for the first few weeks. Then forgetting, ignoring, avoiding, and usually just giving up. That's just way too much pressure for this girl.

What if we let go of the idea of making a New Year’s resolution at the beginning of the year? Just be over and done with it. What if instead of a resolution in 2016, you come up with a word to represent your year? One word to focus on and remember throughout the day. One word that will lift you up this year. One word that makes you be a better you. When you see your one word it just makes you feel stronger.

This is my fifth year choosing a word of the year. And I look forward to it every year. In 2012, I started with Honest, then 2013, I became Authentic, and worked towards being Intentional in 2014 and last year, 2015, I was Thankful
At the end of every year, I seek God to give me my One Word 365. And a creative way to remind myself of it day... because sadly, I know myself all too well… 

Are you with me?

Stay tuned for the 2016 word!


Take Care

0 comments: