Saturday, November 14, 2015 | By: Anita

Autumn rest

Autumn has always been my favourite time of year. 

I love the crunching leaves and the warm days and cooler nights. The air seems to have the scent of brisk. 

It’s all so refreshing. 

I love the colours, 
and the flannel and everything fall.

Lately I’ve come to love autumn for an entirely different reason. Maybe it’s because I can get out less, or maybe it’s because I have such a hard time getting any real sleep. For whatever reason, I am recognizing fall as an invitation to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n.

An invitation to rest.

I see the layer of leaves as a comforting blankets that muffles footfalls and brings a hush to the forest. I recognize the brisk wind as the signal to hunker down and bundle up. The natural world is gathering and storing away. The animals are preparing their dens for a long season of slumber. The skies are gathering clouds to soften the sun. Even the trees are shedding their foliage in order to silently withstand winter’s coming bite.

Autumn... is calling me to rest.

Perhaps you need this invitation too? Give yourself some grace today. It’s okay to rest.

Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

Beautifully put... thank you!