Saturday, October 10, 2015 | By: Anita

Favourite day

There are probably only a handful of times in our lives when someone who will change us forever walks in ~ when we find someone we can love with our whole hearts, who will challenge us and shape us and make us feel like the world is safer and brighter just because they are in it. A person who loves us for exactly who we are, yet teaches us to be better because of who they are and how they live their life.
Making friends has always been a challenge for me. It’s taken me a while to come to this understanding, but these years have taught me friendship isn’t a luxury but a necessity. It’s how we are designed, to lean into another for laughter and tears. To say those things that are felt in my heart.

A forever friend ~ the kind who stays through thick and thin. Good times and bad. The sort who knows much about you, including your faults, and chooses to remain in your life in spite of them. The friend who knows your dreams, your disappointments, your pain, your laughter, your tears, your joys. They can come alongside of you and with just a hug speak more than a thousand words. 

There is nothing quite like friendship?

So why then, am I surprised to find that this forever friend I search for turns out to be my daughter...  and each day we spend together becomes my new favourite day!

Take Care

0 comments: