Friday, October 2, 2015 | By: Anita

Blogtober

A lot of the blogs I follow are joining in with other bloggers for the month of October, where they write for 31 days, either on a specific topic or they can follow these prompts...
Back in October 2013, I jumped on the wagon and did my own 31 days of writing…

It was an awe-inspiring journey.

I have been thinking for a few weeks now about joining the other 31 dayers and writing a post a day, on one topic, every day in October; because I did enjoy the discipline of writing everyday.  But I've decided against it, I find that I put myself under too much pressure.  I am not a quick thinker let alone writer… I like to think and let my blog posts percolate for a while, either in my head or at least in the queue.  Sure I could write them ahead of time, but that kind of defeats the purpose of writing for 31 days, doesn't it?

Many others, I am sure, will join in and write for 31 days, and I am also sure that it’s going to be, no doubt, a joy-filled month reading what everybody else has written.  While admire their dedication to it… I simply cannot put that kind of stress on myself.

I kinda like doing my own thing anyway…. I’ve learned I’m learning to do what’s best for me and to try not to get too influenced by what others are doing.

Whether we write for 31 days in October or we continue on our own path, we can find joy in the day to day, or even week to week posts about our lives that we share…

'Cause, life will happen. It has a way of doing that, doesn’t it? 

Take Care

3 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I'm not going to do it either. I like my posts to be more specific, like about the goings on in my kitchen. (Plus with everything else going on this month, I decided not to add ONE more thing to my agenda.) I look forward to what you will write this October.

Debra said...

Too much pressure and it wouldn't be fun for me. Right now I've been so busy doing ho hum things I haven't written a "worthwhile" post in ages. Maybe that's what I should write about...the unexciting part of life.

Anneliese said...

Not for me either. I think topics are good for those who write as an exercise but I've always wanted it to be like my journal and welcoming readers to peek in. I'll just keep track of life as I see it, things that stand out and I will enjoy looking back on one day. =)