Saturday, August 8, 2015 | By: Anita

words


sometimes, i want to use them to…
retaliate
or
cast blame

sometimes, i want to use them to…
inflict doubt
or
cause pain

sometimes, i want to use them to…
cause distress
or
bring anguish

sometimes, i…

too honest?
too transparent?
good.
i want to be both
why?
i struggle
maybe you do, too

the natural me wants rule, speaking damaging, spiteful words
to speak hurt instead of hope
to speak venom instead of victory
to speak retaliation instead of restoration
to speak what comes naturally

i fight it, not wanting to submit to it

but, i know…
on my own, i’m unable to control my mouth and the words that roll off my tongue
i need HIM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein
on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless
~ James 1:26

set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips
~ Psalm 141:3

(may) my mouth be filled with your praise,
declaring your splendor all day long
~ Psalm 71:8

do not let any unwholesome talk come out of (my mouth),
but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs
~ Ephesians 4:29

Take Care

0 comments: