Monday, August 17, 2015 | By: Anita

The Maelstrom

Today, in my devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young I read this:

Find me in the midst of the maelstrom. Sometimes events whirl around you so quickly that they become a blur.  Whisper My Name in recognition that I am still with you.  Without shipping a beat in the activities that occupy you, you find strength and Peace through praying My Name.  Later, when the happening have run their course, you can talk with me more fully.

Accept each day just as it comes to you.  Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances.  Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes.  Remember that nothing can separate you form my Loving Presence: you are Mine.

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name
that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, 
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue 
acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
Philippians 2:9-11 {New International Version {NIV}}

“But now, this is what the Lord says - he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel: 
‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; 
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.’ ”
Isaiah 43:1 {New International Version {NIV}}

These lines Accept each day just as it comes to you.  Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances.  Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes ~ really spoke to me; especially after the week I just had.  Too often I get caught up in the circumstances of my illness and I struggle with the purpose of it all. Perhaps I am not to understand it, but to simply trust that regardless of my situation He is still with me.

It's wonderful when God lovingly reminds me of this.

Take Care

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

This is a good reminder for all, healthy or unhealthy! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting back into my daily devos. :)