Monday, August 3, 2015 | By: Anita

Just Blog It

I’ve been writing/journaling for as long as I can remember.  From my first blue fuzzy ‘dear diary’ to my school lined spiral bound book, to hard cover journals, right up till now with blogging on-line.

It was a lifeline.

It IS a lifeline.

When I began blogging, more than 7 years ago now, I had no idea what I was doing.  I have fumbled and bumbled my way through much of it.  But I was willing to give it a try in order to reach my goal. My goal?Simply put, to leave a permanent record of my thoughts about my life.

I’ve often wondered if I should keep it up.

You see, I really I struggle with comparing myself to other bloggers. The number of followers, the amount of comments on a post ~ these things that I see other people getting can be discouraging.  There’s also this thought that I may not be living up to the very thing I am writing about. I know life is a journey and my walk with God is a process and that I am likely going to fail in some way, each and every day.  Perhaps multiple times a day. But, I want to share things that are real. And here’s what I’m learning ~ there is still a long way I have to go in this journey.   

I’m reluctant to call myself a writer. I didn’t go to school for writing.  Even when I started my blog, I didn’t think of myself as a writer. I called myself a blogger.   I simply write because I enjoy it, it’s an online journal for our family, and it’s helpful for me to process the things that God is doing in my heart by writing it out.  
Writing ministers to me in a way I never thought it could.  It’s how I process my thoughts, think through situations and how I solve problems that I am faced with.  It has caused me to read more, think deeper, and sit in awe of Who my God truly is and all that He does in my life.

Writing is the most important thing I do for myself.  

Take Care

0 comments: