Monday, February 14, 2011 | By: Anita

My Sweetheart

Wayne & I have been together for.... oh so many years. 26 in fact. We met in 1985, fell in love. Were married in 1986. Had three kids {Krystle, Kyle & Darcy} in the next four years and through better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and in health, we've stuck together.

We've celebrated many joys, suffered through loss, struggled together, and supported each other as many difficult decisions had to be made. It hasn't all been easy. At some points, Wayne & I are polar opposites, and yet we both are very opinionated and can be strong-willed at times. Whoever said marriage is 50-50 was lying. In a good marriage you need to give 100% without worrying about getting anything in return, and if both partners do that, there would be nothing to worry about. Unfortunately we've become so self-absorbed and we expect that significant other in our lives to do it all while we do nothing in return. That's not true love.

This is:
1 Corinthians 13: 1- 8 & 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I am loved.

Blessings

2 comments:

Becky said...

Very important part about givingthe 100% without expecting anything in return...
how blessed to be loved by my best friend...
though only 20 years for us it has been a WONDEERFUL... full journey of ups and downs...and I can't imagine what life would be like without my SWEETHEART

Bessings
Bliss

krystle ann-marie said...

You ARE loved!