Sunday, November 14, 2010 | By: Anita

Indian Summer

After a wonderful week of Indian Summer, I find today to be a little depressing. With the heavy gray sky and dampness in the air, I find myself wishing for the warmer weather of Autumn. Did you know that an Indian summer is a meteorological phenomenon that occurs in autumn, in the Northern Hemisphere? And that it is characterized by a period of sunny, warm weather, after the leaves have turned following an onset of frost, but before the first snowfall.

Most often I like and even enjoy each of the four seasons we have; each season having their pros's and con's. It's the transition from season to season that I dread; especially at this time of year, I find myself struggling. Knowing that I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which dictionary.com explains as 'depression associated with the reduction of daylight during the shorter days of late autumn and winter', helps to explain alot of why I feel the way I do. It's during these times that I've had to learn to base my decisions on what I know and not how I feel.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Iknow I have been so thankful for all the BEAUTIFUL sunny days that I have had driving to work...
Not looking forward at all to those wintery days

I need to motivate myself for those dreary days as well

Blessings
Bliss