Friday, January 1, 2010 | By: Anita

2010

A New Year....I get excited when I think of all the new things that will happen in the next year; like our cruise vacation; Krystle & Gerard's wedding; our annual holiday at Chesley Lake with the family; celebrating my moms **th (let's just say it's a biggy ^.^) birthday, to name only a few. As much as I or any of us like to plan we cannot even begin to know what this year will hold, or how much things can change in the course of one year.
As each new year begins, I'm delighted to look back throughout my journals, seeing how much has changed in my life and those I love. It gives me great joy that I take time to record memories, journal my prayers, and write down my thoughts, it's like giving myself a gift that can be opened again and again.

A few highlights of 2009: we celebrated with Darcy as he graduated Grade 12 at CHSS; we had a rootin' tootin' good time at Krystle & Gerard's engagement party; we rejoiced with Kyle that even with all the cut backs at work, he was/is valued and given a significant pay raise; and of course having Sasha join our family.

In Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version), it says: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." While we may not know what the future holds, we do know the ONE who holds it and in that we can put out trust.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this post. it's reflective and has lots to look forward to. :)

Becky said...

It is always good to evaluate a year gone by and reevaluate and reflect on what the new year will hold...
Blessings to you as your family will be changing so much this year
Bliss