Tuesday, December 8, 2009 | By: Anita

Tribute

To John Lennon.
Today marks the 29th anniversary of his death. Leaving behind his family, a multitude of fans and a legacy of music through which his memory lives on.

I am a Beatles fan. I love their music - from their earliest recordings right into their solo careers. I admire John's ability to write songs that said what was on his heart and that he was willing to take a stand for what he believed.

This is one such song:

The quote "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” from Dr. Seuss, I think can be applied to the life of John Lennon.

Blessings

2 comments:

Candice said...

I like the accountability in the song.
So this is Christmas, and what have you done?

Have you bettered your corner of the world?
Have you expanded the Kingdom?
or, are you hibernating safe in your tortoise shell, like I am want to do?

thanks for that reminder, Anita.

Anonymous said...

only you would know the anniversary of John Lennon's death. only you.