Thursday, July 2, 2009 | By: Anita

Lesson learned

Rain drops keep falling on my head.....
It seems that with all the rain we've been having I've learned a few lessons.

Lesson 1: After the rain, do not attempt to weed the garden as your boots can and most likely get stuck in the mud.
Lesson 2: Do not mow the lawn immediately following the rain as it leaves horrible large clumps of grass all over the yard.
Lesson 3: Do not leave clothes on the wash-line during the rain. Not only will it not dry, it will also wrap itself around the line making it quite difficult to remove.
Lesson 4: Do not ask your husband to get things done before the rain, cause he might get caught in it.

Lesson 5: Be patient.

Because even though I have a list of things I'd like done outside, I need to wait until a) it either stops raining or b) it drys up enough from the rain.

I have a Type A personality, which Wikipedia describes as "Type A individuals can be described as impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about their status, highly competitive, over-ambitious, business-like, hostile, aggressive, incapable of relaxation in taking the smallest issues too seriously; and are somewhat disliked for the way that they're always rushing and demanding other people to serve to their standards of satisfaction.[1] They are often high and over-achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies."

ouch, that was a little harsh, and unfortunately true ^.^

It's a little easier to understand then why this weather has been so frustrating for me. I have my lists of things to do and a timeline to have them done and the weather is totally not following those plans.

Lesson 5 is probably the most important one and I figure I better learn it quick, cause I am not enjoying all the opportunities presented to me to learn it.

Blessings

3 comments:

Becky said...

well the rain has been a bit frustrating for all of us I think that is fair to say...considering the days are already getting shorter (meaning summer is going to quickly).a little warm sunny weather is NOT to much to ask
Blessings
Bliss

Anonymous said...

:) Great writing! I think its one of the best. That personality describes you to a tea. And there is even some things that hit home for me, too.

Candice said...

When it rains... Jump in the puddles, it's fun! ( Just don't roll in them... like my daughter does... silly girl...)

And always look for the rainbows!

I really enjoy the double rainbows.