Monday, July 13, 2009 | By: Anita

Crokinole

As a child, Wayne enjoyed learning the game crokinole. He fondly remembers playing many games as their family would get together with different families on Friday night.

In June there is the World Crokinole Tournament held in Tavistock.
Wayne began seriously practicing for this tournament in January after I bought him a crokinole board for his birthday. After supper each night we would get the board out and each of us - Kyle, Darcy and myself would take turns helping Wayne to practice. I like to think that I gave Wayne the best practice because I am the worst player. ^.^ However we all know that it's the boys who were better competition for their dad giving him the help he needed to be better prepared for this game.

Wayne had a great time playing in the 'doubles' division with Paul Brubaker from Elmira whom he just met that day. (The guy we bought the crokinole board from got the two in touch with each other.) Together they placed 4th in the tournament.

In the singles division, Wayne played with his all (as he does with everything) and after a few hours of playing, Wayne placed 10th. WOW! ~ what an accomplishment! Considering he has never played competition crokinole before I'd say that was pretty darn good.

I found this video on youtube~~not too shabby.


We haven't been playing/practicing very often recently, but I'm sure once the weather starts to get cooler and the days a little shorter, we'll get the crokinole board back out of closet and begin playing again. Who knows, at next year's tournament he could walk away as champ.

Blessings

2 comments:

Ray Beierling said...

Indeed! Wayne did play extremely well all day. He is a great competitor.

I look forward to competing against him on the 2010 WCL Tour.

Congrats again Wayne!!

Becky said...

Congratulations to Wayne...

and I am sure this will create wonderful MORE memories for your family...

Blessings Bliss