Friday, January 16, 2009 | By: Anita

Timing


Ecclesiastes 3:1 says "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

I believe that too, not in fate, nor in luck, neither in coincidence. I do however wonder sometimes at the timing of things and perhaps may never understand it all.

They say hindsight is 20/20 and I think that's right, because when looking back throughout my life I've seen how things are worked together for good for those who love God. (Romans 8:28 paraphrased.)

Ironically looking ahead it's hard to see what good can come out of different situations that I find myself and those of my family to be in.

Last night we went to Cambridge to visit our daughter who, later on today, is leaving with the team from Imagine Adoption for Ethiopia. Visiting their sponsored orphanage, delivering much needed supplies and are planning to spend time working there.

On our way home we came across a car in the ditch and trying to become the good Samaritan that I'm aiming to be, I said we needed to stop and see if we can offer any assistance to these people. And who should that car in the ditch belong to, none other than my son Kyle. ohhh my heart was racing
But thankfully he was fine and the car, no worse for wear was stuck, yup stuck real good. So we waited with him until the tow-truck could come and then followed him home just to be sure the car would deliver him home safe.

So timing, what does it all mean? If we had left any earlier from Krystle's we would have missed him, any later and he could have been out of the ditch and on the way home and me not being any the wiser. Why at the moment we did, did we decide to head for home? You wonder, well at least I do, why these things happen and what does it all mean?

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

While it might take a little while before I can look back and view this with 20/20 hindsight, it is comforting to know that our future is in HIS hands

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

even though I hardly ever coment I do enjoy reading your blog. You have a gift for putting your thoughts on paper that you definitly did not get from me
SK

Anonymous said...

How IRONIC!!!! and a blessing on disguise....
God is GOOD and is watching over us at all times..NOTHING is outside of his will for our lives...HE know ALL things and works them accordingly.
I am gald to hear that everything worked out well (makes me a bit more anxious when my kids start to drive...thankfully a few years away yet)
I am glad to know there are still a few good samaritans out there yet!! i am sure Kyle is as well (that and cell phones)
Blessings
Bliss