Tuesday, November 13, 2007 | By: Anita

Sparkle!


Meet Sparkle, my special little friend!
My mom gave this to me for my birthday, I wasn't able to post this picture with the others on the birthday blog, because I hadn't loaded it yet. So this is a little late, but here it is.

It might seem a little silly to some that I received a stuffed toy for my birthday. But you need to understand that I have been collecting Holstein cows ever since Wayne & I were married in 1986. I have stuffed cows, ceramic cows, glass cows, wooden cows, even cows dressed up in clothes. In fact every single room in the house, (except Krystle, Kyle & Darcy's bedrooms) I have a cow of some sort, or maybe even two or three. Each cow in my collection has been given a name, usually to remind me of where or when I got her, or even who gave her to me.

Wayne & I were dairy farmers, up until 1998 when our barn burned down. And even though we no longer have live animals on our farm, I still enjoy to have these critters around. The nice thing with these cows around is we no longer have to enjoy that 'dairy' air. I sure don't miss that.

Since Wayne works as a hired dairy man for Gerry he still gets his share but since he grew up with it, he doesn't mind it quite like I did.

I remember when I used to go visit my Schwartzentruber grandparents on their farm, and whenever I would walk into the barn, I plugged my nose the whole time I was in there. How ironic was it then that I married a dairy farmer.

Blessings

0 comments: