Tuesday, November 6, 2007 | By: Anita

Christmas


Only 49 more days to go. It's so hard to believe that the Christmas season will soon be upon us. Although I guess most stores have started their decorating.
I've been chatting with friends and of course this time of year we tend to ask the old question "Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?" My answer is almost always 'No'.
For years Wayne & I only started shopping at the 1st of December, I have long since broken that tradition. As I was getting too stressed with all the last minute shopping.
However this year as I look at my calendar I realize the weekends are already getting full with dinner's and other events, and I am alarmed to try to figure out when I will start shopping.

Now you might wonder what does this picture have to do with Christmas.

This was the very first doll I received at my first Christmas. I was born in October so I was only 2 1/2 months old at Christmas. My Grandpa & Grandma Kaufman gave this to me. My sister got one the year she was born too. We were never allowed to play with these dolls hence it is still in the box. Growing up it used to bother me, not being allowed to play with it, but now I'm kinda glad. Or it would have been tossed away like all the others. This way I have a tangable reminder of my grandparents. (they have both passed away). It has very sentimental attachment to me.

I had put a few pictures into an album on my facebook account and this happened to be one of them. Underneath the photo I put "This doll was given to me by my Kaufman grandparents, for my First Chirstmas. We both celebrated our 40th birthday this year!" Krystle commented and I quote "this is the creeper doll! :S who you never took out of the box." obviously she doesn't feel the same nostalgia as me. LOL

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad I am not the only one that has not started shopping for Christmas yet....
I hope your weekends are not all booked yet....I would love to have your family down for lunch some Sunday....
I think I need to display my doll somewhere ( you will have to come help me decide where) no point in having it to keep it put away..it is nice to have sentimental things I need to remember to keep things for my kids like that as well...
Let me know when it would work for your to come, even if it is only you and Wayne....

Chat soon
Bliss