Monday, February 6, 2017 | By: Anita

Journaling activity

I’ve found that writing out scripture when doing my devotions is very comforting to me. It makes me slow down. Helping me notice the words and the thoughts behind them. 

When I write out the scriptures in my own words, it makes them not only more personal, but has a deeper impact.

If this is something new to you, start easy. Use a well known or familiar passage.  
Like Psalm 23.
Read it in several translations.
Spend time pondering the words.
Look up words like shepherd, and what it means to be anointed.
Jot down your thoughts.
Those words can be a great encouragement.

I encourage you to find a journal if you don't have one already and give it a try. Use either a plain old composition book that you can find in the dollar store, or treat yourself to a special one from a bookstore.  I love me a new journal.
I like to journal. No, that’s not accurate. I need to journal. I need a place where I can write down all the thoughts, different ideas and the impact scripture has on me. I find it to be a place where I can reflect back on the times throughout my life. It’s a gentle reminder that even when things at the time might seem bad, it can help me realize that this too shall pass.

We need to be reminded of what’s important of the beautiful things that are in life, and my journals do that for me.

Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

There is something about journaling that is healing not only as you write, but when reading it later. Sometimes I have been so glad to read something I totally forgot about... especially when it includes my spiritual walk in the process.