Monday, February 20, 2017 | By: Anita

February's Fantastic Favourite Fiction Five

I've mentioned it a time or two, I'm sure.  I love to read!  Here are just a few of my faves... 
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena, is an outstanding debut psychological thriller novel from author Shari Lapena, and one of the best reads I have read this year! This novel, a child-abduction case, races along at an amazing speed, full of twists and turns, totally gripping the reader for the suspense ride from beginning to end. I kept flipping the pages as I had to know what had happened. I loved it!

Among the Wicked by Linda Castillo, is a suspense series set in Amish country has been a favourite of mine. I am never disappointed when I get my hands on a Kate Burkholder., and while this is her 8th book, it’s just as good as the first in the series! Definitely a page turner and the ending?  I was stunned with such a great plot twist! 


The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens, was an intense book that kept me on the edge of my seat. It was well written and clever. Plus, I was instantly drawn into the gripping plot and the well crafted and compelling characters. If you like thriller/suspense books, you will enjoy this fantastic debut.  Let me just say that this book is awesome! I mean 5 Star! I am very confident his second book will be remarkable.


Only Daughter by Anna Snoekstra, is a fast paced paced, totally gripping psychological thriller. I went into this book slightly blind, and was pleasantly surprised as to where the plot  took me. I really enjoyed all the twists and turns. The ending at first seems like what we might have expected but then turns out to be something else again – always fun! I couldn’t put it down. 

Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner, is the 7th book in the “Quincy & Rainie” series. I’m a huge Lisa Gardner fan and I love all of her books. And this one? Ooohh, this one was so good! Much to my surprise, this wasn’t the dark and depraved story I was expecting. This story actually hit on the opposite end of the spectrum. Psychologically rich. Meticulously researched. Thought-provoking. Definitely an edge-of-your-seat thriller. Emotional. Gripping. Suspenseful. 5 Stars!  Absolutely 5 Stars!  

What are you reading these days?

Take Care

0 comments: