Thursday, December 8, 2016 | By: Anita

Misfits

After more than 50 years, the 1964 holiday special Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer is perhaps one of the best Christmas stories.

Narrated by Burl Ives, Sam the Snowman tells the tale of a young red-nosed reindeer who, after being teased and shunned by the other reindeer because of his beaming nose, teams up with Hermey, an elf who wants to be a dentist, and Yukon Cornelius, the prospector. They run into the Abominable Snowman and find a whole island of misfit toys. Rudolph becomes a hero when he guides Santa through the storm and enables him to deliver Christmas presents to children all over the world. 

During one of the scenes Hermey & Rudolph sing their song about being misfits. 
Sadly, I can identify with these two. There are days when I too feel like I am a misfit. Not quite fitting in, not one of the ‘in’ crowd, desperately trying to find my place. It's something I really struggle with, especially at this time of year.  Everyone {or so it seems} has plans to gather together and I admit to feeling left out.

Perhaps you too have felt this way a time or two? 

So let me remind you that even though it may feel like you’re a misfit and that you don’t belong ~ it’s simply not true… God has a plan, purpose and a path for each of us just like it says in: Jeremiah 29:11 {New International Version} {NIV}} “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Even us misfits!

Take Care

0 comments: