Sunday, August 31, 2014 | By: Anita

Change

Change for me is never easy. I like change to a point, but find it hard to be brought out of my comfort zone. 
In the past several years there have been many changes in my life. There are been lots of finishes ~ things ending.  Some of those finishes have been good and necessary, others, well they have been harder.

My kids are growing up {okay, they have grown up} and are making their own way in this world;   people I always assumed that would be a part of my life have left;  and a new season of my life called menopause is making itself at home.

Many changes. 

There is the popular cliche of a new door opening when one closes and I think there is something to that.  Just as Ecclesiastes tells us ~ there is a time for everything ~ a season for all activies. When one thing ends ~ when it finishes ~ I believe there are and can be something new we are called to.

The writer of Ecclesiastes, right after the infamous “there is a time” verses said this, “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”  Ecclesiastes 3:11 {New International Version {NIV}}

Change can be hard.

I don’t always want to let go of what was ~ the familiar.  But remembering that when one thing is finished in our lives there will be something else waiting for us.

As we turn the calendar over and say good-bye to summer, and hello to autumn may we realize that change is a natural process and may we be reminded there is a time for everything.   Life is to be lived and enjoyed to the fullest.  Enjoy each and every moment even when they change.

Blessings

0 comments: