Saturday, January 5, 2013 | By: Anita

Talkin' to Myself

I have conversations with myself all the time. Not out -loud- people- look- at- me -weird - because- I -am- talking -to -myself -conversations; but inside my head conversations. Often I am like my own therapist, asking myself questions and then thinking on them awhile before answering ~ myself. The talking to myself part probably stems from thinking too much.

There are times though that I wish I could invent an On/Off switch that could be implanted in my head, as I would love to just shut my brain off and relax once in awhile. But until that happens, I am left with my thoughts and my deep philosophical conversations with myself.

My thoughts tend to be like a movie montage. Scrolling along until my subconscious reaches up and plucks one down.
By spending time talking with ourselves, we are ultimately helping ourselves sort through the stuff. 

Talking through them, either in your own head or even out loud as I’ve also been known to do while I walk solitary down the country road, 
 can help us with dealing with past hurts and lead to healing.

Learning to let things go is something that that little voice inside my head often whispers to me, let it go. 


Just. Let. It. Go. 
I can not do anything to change the past, but I sure as heck do not have to carry it with me to the future.  You see it's all {my past, present and future} part of an intricate plan. Sure there will be more life lessons and probably some hard times ahead and from time to time I need to myself of this: Jeremiah 29:11 {New International Version (NIV)}“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

And as long as I trust in the One who has my future planned, I’m in good hands.
You are too! Remember that.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

That is my verse for this year... Jeremiah 29:11