Monday, November 9, 2009 | By: Anita

Finding Balance

I've been struggling recently with just how busy I am. Everyone is busy, I get that, but for me it's been overwhelming. It's good stuff too; w.h.a.t. (ladies bible study), Jazzercise, studying Kingdom Culture (Pastor Phil's book), babysitting for friends, helping at the churches Ten Thousand Villages sale, Library Club, work - both at the office and at home, and on and on it goes. While it may be good stuff, is it the right stuff ~~ for me?

It tends to go to the extreme. I become super busy, realize the craziness of my life, quit everything, become bored and allow myself to become super busy again, only to start yet another cycle of craziness. How then, does one find balance? "Easy" you say - choose a couple things to focus on, things you're good at. But, how do you know that you know that you know you're on the right path or if you've somehow fallen into a ditch?

Life is all about choices. Good choices and bad choices. The more choices I make that fulfill my purpose the better. In a perfect world we could plan everything in advance, but often life does not go the way that we plan. The challenge then is to be more purposeful and to not let life just happen.

So, the secret? Slow down. Be centered, strategic and intentional. Plan the best use of my time that I can. Stay centered. Be conscious of the choices that I make by weighing them carefully in terms of where I ultimately want to end up in life. Because every choice I make, will either assist me on my journey or ultimately end up working against me. Time is valuable and I need to use it well!

I don't want to become one of those people who look back at their life and think 'if only'. I want to live a purpose-full life, so that at the end, I hear these words "Well done, good and faithful servant!"
Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

it is NEVER easy getting that perfect balance in your life...
for me it has become a matter of trial and error...doing what works at the time.
learning when I have overdone it in my time committment and slowing down.
always reflecting on what is important at the time to stay focussed on
blessings
Bliss