Friday, October 30, 2009 | By: Anita

post 200

wah hoo ~ my 200th post to my blog.

This is an awesome milestone to celebrate. I feel that I should post something really profound...mmhmm...um...well, since I can't think of anything overly profound, I guess I'll share my favourite scripture verse.

Probably my most favourite verse of the Bible is: Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

This verse has been dear to my heart for many years. In 1998, after our dairy barn burned down, our dear neighbour shared it with us and encouraged us, that yes, this was a tragedy and even though this happened, God still has plans for us. This scripture has helped me through many situations throughout my journey. Through job loss, kids moving out, health issues, and the many ups & downs we walk through, I've claimed this scripture many times. Especially as I walk through the valley.
The way I figure it, since God can make something like this so beautiful, how much more will he make, not only my life beautiful, but the lives of those He created.

As the song goes:
Beautiful, beautiful,
Jesus is beautiful
and Jesus makes beautiful
things of my life.


So no matter what's happened or is going to happen I am so thankful that God has HIS hand on my life, and that he knows the plans that HE has for me. While I may not know what the future holds, I do know the ONE who holds mine.

Blessings

0 comments: