Tuesday, October 20, 2009 | By: Anita

Eulogy

Dolly
February 14, 1998 – October 13, 2009
Dolly joined our family in April at 8 weeks of age as an early birthday present for Krystle. She melded into our family quickly gaining the love of the whole family. In July she saved our lives when our dairy barn was engulfed in flames, it was her barking that awoke us in time to call the fire department to save the house and the rest of the buildings.

It’s hard to put into words all the emotions we feel at this time. Wikipedia describes a best friend as: someone with whom one shares the strongest possible kind of friendship. It's no wonder then that I feel I've lost my best friend. There are so many memories: walking with her, sitting in the house with her by my feet, playing tag, camping trips, her boundless energy, and her greeting each and every time I came home.

Time can be a funny thing, when looking forward 11 years can seem a long time, but looking back, it just wasn’t long enough. Dolly gave me her unconditional loyalty and love, knowing without fear that my love would never be withdrawn. My gentle guardian ~ I miss her!

Blessings

5 comments:

Becky said...

So sorry to hear of your loss...
Dolly was a good dog, and I know your family will miss her
thinking of you at this time
Bliss

Monica said...

Anita,

I'm just finding out now that you've lost your sweet Dolly. I'm so sorry to hear it... especially that it feels like losing a best friend. You're close to my heart.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Anita,
So sorry to hear you lost Dolly. Leao actually just passed away about a month ago too! When we sold the farm we asked the Steckle's to take care of him... Darrel and Cynthia took him up to their farm.. and he went missing for a couple of days and they found him dead at our farm. He went home to die!!! :( Travis took it pretty rough! We got Travis and lea around the same time, he was Travis' playmate!
We know how you are feeling!
janelle

Lily Lee's Wool & Tea said...

Thinking about you Anita. Hope that Sasha continues to jump all over you with extra love! I will too when I see you next!

Anonymous said...

Interesting how the siblings from that particular canine family have all passed on within the same year...Dolly, Leao, and Maggie. They were great friends to us.

Rain