Sunday, March 29, 2009 | By: Anita

Being girls

Last week on Thursday, I decided to go and visit with Krystle. With her living away from home these past few years I find that our time together is few and far between. She had been home about two weeks ago and I was really missing her.

So rather than bemoan the fact that I wasn't seeing enough of her, I made the trek to Cambridge to spend a few hours with her. It was wonderful! We spent some time at dorm visiting and of course we made a Starbucks run. One of the great things about Starbucks besides the the Tazo Chai Tea Lattes is the atmosphere. We were able to sit and chat for more than 2 hours without feeling any pressure to leave. Before we knew it, it was time to grab some supper. We had previously decided to eat at the school cafeteria, so we headed back to the school. It was great! Krystle & I shared a BLT (they ran out of tomato so we improvised and had bacon, lettuce & turkey) it was quite tasty. Back at dorm we (or should I say she) chatted some more and before I knew it or was ready for it, it was time to head for home.

I cannot believe how quickly the time went. This would be one of those moments I wish I could freeze-frame and enjoy longer.

I find that living with all men, I really need my girl time. I am so thankful to have a daughter and even more thankful that our relationship is as strong as it is.

I know I've said this before but I feel truly blessed to have such a great friendship with my daughter.
Love ya Krys!

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we should have took new pictures. :) This one is old old. Let's take a nice one again when we are together next.

Anonymous said...

So glad you still get some one to one time with your girl...
next time I get to come for chia tea lattes....
Chat with you on monday night...
bliss