Thursday, May 22, 2008 | By: Anita

Bloomin' Wonderful


I received a beautiful gift of flowers from my dear friend and cousin Sandra, we were supposed to meet for tea/coffee but unfortunately she double booked herself. "No worries," I tell her, "we'll do it another time."

I really appreciate having Sandra as a friend. Though there are a number of years between us, it doesn't seem to deter us when we're able to get together. I remember we used to come up to the Steckle family farm also known as Huron Ridge Acres every long weekend in May. Of course we came for the whole weekend as it was such a long drive. I have wonderful memories of playing in the barn, the playhouse, the fort and everywhere in between. Having Kevin drive 'tuffy' the van, and thinking how cool it was that my cousin was allowed to drive. only on the farm of course Those are some of my best childhood memories.

About 2 years ago, I was Sandra's photo assistant, that's when we really got to know each other again and begin a closer relationship. Sandra is an amazing photographer, she has such a unique way of looking at things and is so willing to try to capture those moments anyway possible. Her easy-going style is like a breath of fresh air, she is able to put people at ease and get those amazing photos that you end up wondering "how does she do that?" Check out her website.

But with the busyness of my life, I found that I wasn't able to commit to helping her anymore. I've been trying to make tea/coffee dates with her as I found that I really missed spending that time with her.


I am truly blessed to have Sandra in my life.

Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

these pictures are blooming wonderful! your camera takes extra nice close-ups of flowers. wow! great job mom!

Sandra Regier - Photographer said...

I'm doing some blog catch ups tonight.... and glad I did.... I would have totally missed this otherwise! Thank you soooo much for your kind words.... cousins by birth, but friends by choice.... it's an honour that you call me by such a name. Hugs :) Sandra