Friday, March 7, 2008 | By: Anita

Motley Crew


Meet the gentlemen that I work with.
Tim, Phil, Jamie & Tom (also pictured is Tim's dog 'Phil', I scooped this picture from Jamie's photos on facebook.)

I started working at the Zurich Mennonite Church in the office on December 18, 2007. Each of the guys have their own schedule so we are not all together everyday, except for Wednesdays, when we have a weekly staff meeting. This is a time where we catch up with each other on the different parts of the ministries that we are involved with and sometimes, most times, we get off topic and rabbit-trail with our thoughts and then the different & unique personalities come through. I don't think I laugh as much in a whole week than I do in this one day. These guys are funny, I mean funny. I SO enjoy our time together.

It's interesting how you can have a preconceived idea about the "Pastor". To be honest I was guilty of that myself, I tended to put these people on a pedestal, until I started working with them. I hope that doesn't come out wrong. I mean they are just people too, who have issues and concerns and they are just trying their best to live out their lives according to the purpose to which they are called.

My job is about as close to perfect (for me anyway) as I can get. I work Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 2:30 pm, in a great atmosphere, with people who value who I am, not what I do. I find that with this schedule I am able to balance home & work more easily. I am using the God-given giftings & talents and I am blessed to be working with this 'motley crew' for the advancement of the kingdom.

Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love serving with you and this crew!

Tim

Monica said...

I love that you work with "people who value who I am, not what I do". Although I know what you do is valued as well! I talked with someone who called the office in a panic one day, and it meant so much to her that you took a moment to pray with her.

You are a blessing.

Stuart Blyde said...

When we first started attending ZMC, we had the same dilemma. We had no idea we would be developing a close relationship with anyone, let alone actually being friends with the pastors!

Good article, Anita!

Stu