Saturday, January 19, 2008 | By: Anita

Birthday Boy

We celebrated Wayne's birthday on January 17. We enjoyed a lasagna & garlic bread dinner (one of his more favourite meals). I made cupcakes instead of a cake so I put only 1 candle in, it would have been pretty hard to try to cram all those candles into a cupcake. LOL
I got Wayne a couple DVD's "Speed" & "Million Dollar Baby" for his birthday. We also celebrated by going out to eat on Friday, just us.

I didn't take a picture of his actual birthday so this one that was taken at Chrstmas will have to do.


Wayne turned 49 this year. He is 9 years older than I am. We met when I was 17 & he was 26. There have been times when we feel like the 9 year age gap doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal. Other times it's huge. I use a storybook analogy to describe this. We're both reading the same book, but sometimes we're just not on the same page. Right now the age gap feels huge. But because this happens quite regularly I can re-assure myself that eventually I will turn the page and catch up, and then it won't feel like big deal again.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday to Wayne!!
sounds like you had a nice day...
WOW next year is the BIG 5-0 that is pretty scary LOL... NOT.
Hope you had fun at dinner on Sunday \
chat thursday
Bliss