Friday, September 28, 2007 | By: Anita

The Gingerich's


Our family photo was taken recently because the Zurich Mennonite Church is celebrating 100 years in 2008. So the centennial committee is putting together a history book/ directory. They are doing a combined photo book with a historical account of where you are in life. The committee hired Sandra to do the photo shoot.

It is so hard to believe that my family has become so grown-up. It seems like only yesterday that we had three little kids. To look at them now, they are definitely not little anymore. Darcy at 17 is already 5' 10", just like dad, Kyle at 19 is 6' 2", Krystle at 20 is 5'7", and me well, I am the shortest in the bunch at 5'4".

Pretty good looking group, if I say so myself.

Krystle, Kyle & Darcy



I am so thankful for these three precious gifts from God. Each with their own unique gifts, talents & yes even challenges. It's been an amazing journey so far.

My dear friend Ruth was telling me yesterday that she finds it so hard to believe that our girls are already 20. I mean where did that time go? I look at some of the young moms in our church and try my best to encourage them to enjoy this time, because it goes too quickly. I am sure they are thinking "it's not going quick enough". Which if I recall, I thought the same thing. Why is it that when you're in it, it seems to feel like forever, but then you look back you think WOW, where did that time go? At least I did.

In Ecclesiastes 3:1 it says 'to everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven'.

I'm trying to really enjoy each season in my life, not moaning over the past, and trying not to be overly anxious for the future. I do look forward to many, many more years together.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I hope I get one of those pictures....I will even pay for an 8x10 or 5x7 myself so I can display your BEAUTIFUL family in my photo stand.....
They turned out very well.....
I am not quite at the stage in life where your kids are, bit I too find myself sharing with young mom's not to rush through ANY stage of their kids lives. To take EACH day as the gift GOD intended it to be, and enjoy all the ups and downs life can bring..
looking forward to that picture...
Blessings
Bliss