Tuesday, May 8, 2007 | By: Anita

Farming



This time of year is so crazy busy for Wayne. Not only does he drive bus full-time for the St. Anne's Catholic High school, he also is a hired man for Gerry, which means he works another 12-14 hour days depending on what is all happening, and PLUS he farms our 150 acres. He totally loves it. God definitely placed a farmer's heart within my husband.

One day Wayne was singing on the tractor while planting. Since the noise of the tractor is so loud, he was singing over the rumble and my neighbour later shared with me how she had heard him and she could tell just how happy he was and that he loved his job.

I have really enjoyed being able to raise our kids out in the country, we've enjoyed the quiet and solitude that being on the farm has given us.

We have a few days during this time of year that get a little stressful. Over time I have become much more tolerant to my "missing" husband. I'll be lucky to see him an hour or so a day, and then he's usually so tired that he tries catch a few winks.

Thank goodness that this is only a season. As it says in in Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven............. a time to plant.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have come to the conclusion that we need to enjoy each seaon in our life, being thankful for what we have. Instead of looking forward to the next stage in life. Making the most of each day.

Looking forward to spending time with you and your family on Sunday
Bliss