Monday, May 14, 2007 | By: Anita

The Three Amigos

What a blessing these three are in my life.

Krystle, Kyle & Darcy are very close in age. Krystle is 15 months older than Kyle who is 20 months older than Darcy.

For one week in the month of May, they are (or so it appears) to be one year apart, as Darcy's birthday is first. Actually it's Thursday of this week (May 17th) he will gulp turn 17 (Happy champagne birthday). So for one week they will be 17, 18 & 19, until Krystle turns 20 on the 25th. She has decided to host her own 20th birthday celebration, which is fine by me. I've missed having my social butterfly away for the past year.

It's gotten easier as they have gotten older, but there was a time when life was so very hectic having the kids as close as we did. I am not sure exactly how we managed it all, it seems to have blurred right by. Where did the time go?

Yesterday, we celebrated Mother's day with my extended family. What a joy it was to spend time with my mom. My friend Monica commented once on her blog about being in the sandwich generation. It really does put a different slant on the holidays, being both a "daughter" & "mother".

It was great to spend time together, I look forward to Father's Day, when we can get together again and spend time at the park in Stratford. It's sad that there is only one day a year in which to honor our parents, after all without them we wouldn't be here (LITERALLY).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How BLESSED you are (even when you don't always feel that way) your children have grown into WONDERFUL adults....I am sure it is hard for you to sit back and watch them make decisions you may not have choosen for them.But you can feel good about giving them firm convictions that they can base their choices on.
I look up to you as a mother and can always count on you for WONDERFUL advice in raising my 4 boys...and am thankful to have you as my sister
THANK YOU
Bliss