Saturday, March 14, 2015 | By: Anita

Reading

Can I be honest here?  I mean we’re all friends, right? I have always loved to read. As a kid, my favourite thing to do was to find a quiet corner and lose myself in a book for hours on end. Sure it was nerdy but it was always an exciting way to go on an adventure. Open a book and you can travel the world! To be honest, not much has changed now that I am an adult.  I still love to read.
What I love most about books is …
discovering them
curling up with them
getting lost in them, and then sometimes found
inspiration that sparks action
finding one sentence that lingers for days

I would have made such a great librarian… but I guess I’ll just have to reconcile myself and take the opportunity to wander up and down the rows of books for hours at a time, pulling out the ones I want to check out and take home.

The only way to deal with this world of SO MANY BOOKS is {obviously} to make a reading list.   Which do you prefer fiction or non-fiction ? My preference is definitely fiction, hands down, no contest.  The joy of books isn’t found in organizing them alphabetically, storing them on shelves or in boxes, or moving them from home to home. The joy is in the words, on the pages and in the hearts of authors and readers.

A couple years ago,  I accepted this challenge and accomplished it wa-a-a-y ahead of schedule , so I did this.  And then, at the beginning of last year, I’d hoped to read 150 books in the year but sadly I didn’t quite meet it, however, I am not giving up…
26 Worst Things That Can Happen To A Book Lover
1. Lending a book to a friend and getting it back ruined.
2. Lending a book to a friend and not getting it back at all.
3. Getting on the train and realizing you left your book at home.
4. Losing your book, especially if you’re close to finishing it.
5. Sitting next to someone who keeps talking to you even though you are clearly reading.
6. Finding out your favourite book is being turned into a movie and knowing it will probably be terrible.
7. Realizing the book you’ve been LOVING has a crap ending.
8. Your favourite character dying.
9. Finding out you were carrying your book in the same bag as a leaky water bottle.
10. Accidentally dropping your book in the bath or pool or whatever body of water you were lounging and reading in.
11. Having your bedside lamp go out when you’re already in bed, reading.
12. Hearing someone talk about the ending of a book you just started.
13. Realizing you hate a book two-thirds of the way through it and then struggling through the rest because you won’t let it win.
14. Realizing your fave is finally falling to pieces because you’ve read it about 30 times.
15. Getting to a cliff-hanger right as your work break is ending or your stop is coming up.
16. Being asked what your favourite book is, as if there’s just one.
17. Reading a paragraph ahead and spoiling a huge plot line for yourself.
18. Recommending a book to a friend and they just won’t do it???
19. Recommending a book to a friend and finding out they didn’t like it.
20. Spilling food or drink on the page.
21. Rereading a book you used to love and realizing it’s…not as good as you remembered.
22. Breaking up with someone and realizing they still have some of your books.
23. Crushing on someone who ruins it by saying, “I only read books by men.”
24. Moving.
25. Coming to the end of a book you really, really loved.
26. Generally just being forced to do anything that isn’t reading.

I love books. Perhaps, a little too much…  because if any of these happened, I know I’d be livid!

What’s on YOUR 2015 reading list?

Take Care

0 comments: