Saturday, March 28, 2015 | By: Anita

G.P.S

Do you have a G.P.S. in your car? 

G.P.S. stands for "global positioning system" or so I am told. All you have to do is punch in the address where you want to go and the G.P.S. takes over and provides you with driving instructions. 
A lot of the newer cars have a G.P.S. built right in.  Ours was hand-me down that my parents gave us when they decided it was time for an upgrade, and I have really appreciated having it on trips that we make by car. Sure it was older but hey, it still worked.

I am not one much for traveling.  In fact I‘ll stay home for days on end not seeing another soul, and you know what - I am totally ok with that!   But the hubs decided we were taking a holiday.  And rather than fly to our usual Caribbean destination, he decided we were going to drive to Florida. Um, hello? Did you say drive? To say I was afraid was an understatement.  I mean what if we got lost?

Since he added another job to his repertoire; he’d been running full tilt since January. Thankfully it’s only for a short time.  But for now there’s scarcely been a week where he hasn’t had overtime.

He was tired. 

And he knew needed a break.  So he planned for much needed and quite possibly overdue holiday to Florida.

Thankfully we had our G.P.S., a Google map print out, the "Along the I-75" book, road side assistance and a cell phone.  So we were set. And while the drive was long, our holiday was a time where we were refreshed and rebuilt. Encouraged and rested. Spending time together whether we were in the car, stopping at rest areas, dining in many-a restaurants, being together ~ that’s what refreshed us.

The craziness of driving to and from Florida wasn’t as scary as I had envisioned it to be, it was a break that was greatly needed.

Take Care

0 comments: