Friday, September 25, 2009 | By: Anita

shhh... quiet

I'm listening, do you hear it?
no?
neither do I....

It's been really frustrating for me as I've been patiently waiting, listening for God and He seems to be silent.

It's confusing to me that God is choosing to be silent as this time in my life. I know there are many things that can unknowingly invade our lives and block our ability to hear God. Television, radio, iPods, cell phones, Internet, email, traffic, and crowded schedules contribute to our noisy world. Every moment is bombarded by noise, both external and mental, that clutters our thoughts and causes us to lose the ability or desire to settle down and really commune with and listen to God. The accumulation of all this noise can contribute to God's silence in our lives. I wonder if sometimes our spiritual routines become spiritual comforts that, instead of pointing us to God, end up replacing Him. I'm hoping and have been praying that by persevering through the silence I can be reassured that it will result in a deeper commitment to Christ.

So until then...
shhh... quiet
I'm listening :)

Blessings

0 comments: