Tuesday, November 25, 2008 | By: Anita

Advent

November 30 is the first Sunday of Advent.

As I begin to ready, not only my home but also my heart, for the coming of the season, this video that was shown at a weekend seminar at our church as part of understanding the way one views money, sure put things into perspective for me.

After watching the video I was angered that we have become so consumed with what we can get out of this life. We tend to live in a self-centered world, without worrying about others. Christmas time seems to be such a stressful time for people, trying to get 'everything' done as if something catastrophic would happen if you didn't get the sugar cookies baked, the house completely clean or that present (which you're not even sure they'll like) purchased. Memories of Christmas should not be of a "to do" list, but a "to be with" list.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only one month away. I hope to keep this video in my mind as I chose to spend more time and energy being with my family and friends and less time giving in to consumerism.

John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
HE is the reason for the season.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very timely inspirational thought...
We do get so caught up in the busyness of the season that we lose sight of the real meaning..
I think we all need to take the time to keep things in perspective...
THANKS for the reminder
Blessings,
Bliss